You have full control over the easy to edit templates and PHP source code so you can intergrate DWodp live into your own site design easily.
DWodp live makes use of Netscape's Open Directory which is free to use so long you follow their license. The default template supplied with DWodp live does have both the ODP attribution and our own 'Powered by' text which are both required elements to use this script. (For a version of ODP using the RDF dumps and runs locally using a MySQL database, see the commerical version, DWdirectory.)
DWodp live has also been ported by third parties for use in content management systems such as PHPNuke, Mambo Server and Geeklog. Please note that whilst we still retain the copyright and IP rights, we can only provide support for versions of DWodp live downloaded via this site.
- Intergrate the largest human edited directory on the web into your own site design
- Optional caching of visited categories to speed up rendering of your directory and reducing the load on the ODP (recommended)
- Set the caching period
- Search the open directory
- Either use the front category display page or restrict the front page to a category hierarchy.
- Choose a target (e.g. new window) for external links to use.
- Use Thumbshots.org thumbnails of all sites
System requirements: Server: PHP 4.1.0 or higher, Ability for PHP to write files to the server, (if caching is enabled), PHP Sockets (usually installed with PHP).
Price: FREE - Download DWodp live now
Latest Version: 1.2.5 (7th August 2007)